Sunday, May 9, 2010

Busy Sunday

THAT SURE WAS BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
The sun was out, there was no wind, and the temp got up to 60. Need I say more.
The legs are still tired. From what I don't know, but they are sending a clear message, that it's time to throttle back a bit. We'll see if I listen. 50/17.7

HANGING WITH ELIJAH
We went over to Lake Calhoun and played a little Frisbee, and skipped some rocks. The best I did was 5.
Elijah decided he needed to get a little closer to the lake, and made a new friend while out there. (Ahhh, he's got his grandpa's charms)
Came home and I was showing him some old pictures of his mom, after all it is Mother's Day. I showed him the one below and said, "that's your mom when she was 18 and her grandpa" (my dad). "He died before you were born". Elijah looked at me and asked, "was he nice like you?" Lots of joy, for me, in that question. I responded by saying simply, "he was great".
AFTER I DROPPED ELIJAH OFF

I went over to the Peace Garden and walked around. Impossible to beat a day like today.


Happy Mother's Day To All The Good Moms!


4 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

That is a challenge for our thinking process to listen to our machinery when it says enough.

Your a good grandpa.

I'm headed up towards your area in two weeks to see my grandson.

tainterturtles said...

Peace garden? I don't know where that is, but it sounds nice.

What could be better than hanging with Elijah....typical boy, goes right into the water, ha!

Love the photo of your dad and daughter. You had a good day Tom.

Debra said...

Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your day.

mrbill said...

Nice post Harry, been awhile since I skipped rocks.