Sunday, May 30, 2010

SSR With Friends

A few friends, fine weather and bikes. Hard to beat.
We got pulled over by a cop, lights and everything. We even got the slow saunter strut. He wanted to warn us that since there was a shoulder we were not to ride in the road, or impede traffic. It was obvious as he walked back to his car he had something up his butt, but we were all nodding our heads in the affirmative and doing the requisite sucking-up. I'm a big fan of holding cyclists accountable for following the rules of the road, but this bordered on harassment. We were doing nothing wrong. I'm glad the cops are out there keeping us safe. They've got a tough job. We were very respectful.
Amy's back already, having no problems with today's pace. 53/18.6

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

It makes me so made when I hear stuff like this. I truly believe all cops think cyclists do not belong on the roads. What really makes me mad is when a cyclist gets hit by a vehicle and then the motorist does not receive any driving citation....grrrrr.

I'm glad you had a good ride. Wow, Amy is back to riding? Good deal.

MrDaveyGie said...

Yeap, that cop just doesn't like bicyclists. But ha ha, you had a great ride anyways.