Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer Ride

The Fast Good Lookin' Bike was a bit upset today. I think she still had an attitude about getting rained on last week. Lots of clatter from the headset. I'd cleaned her up pretty good, but didn't clean inside the headset. About halfway into the ride she settled down, and the clatter stopped. Headset got a good cleaning out when I got home.

Started out with Amy, but about 20 miles into it (for her) she was losing steam. Healing takes up a lot of energy. She was kind enough to let me go on solo, and I did, but I felt bad about it. We were at Excelsior (still in the burbs), when she needed to slow it down.

Beautiful day. The sky was a deep blue, indicative of low humidity, but the heat was on. Summer is here! Kept to the moderate effort and enjoyed the scenery; newborn calfs, some buffalo, and tons of green. The fields are all planted and green sprouts are appearing in perfectly parallel rows, amid rolling hills, barns and silos. 85/18.8

I'm seeing the grand kids in about an hour, there maybe pictures posted later.

1 comment:

MrDaveyGie said...

Those fast good looking bikes are like that. They know how get attention from us guys.