Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cleaner Post

Getting the fire started for the ride.
They need to breathe a little to generate that vital warmth.

After the ride I gave Old Blue and The Evil One both a bath. Noticed a wobble from Old Blue's cassette...???? The lock ring had completely come off. Only thing holding the cassette on was the dropouts. I've got no idea how long I'd been riding Old Blue in that condition. Looked like nothing had stripped, so I cleaned up the freewheel a bit and tightened down the lock ring. Can't believe I didn't notice it when I was riding it. 21/12.7

5 comments:

StevenCX said...

Whoops

amy said...

maybe that was the noise coming from the bike Monday

MrDaveyGie said...

Ole Blue is a faithful steed, even when she's falling a apart.

Tom, Did you ever try putting your chemical warmers in a air tight jar, to use a 2nd day?

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Dave: I put them in a zip lock bag.

Amy: bet you're right! It's a big surprise that nothin' happened...didn't have any problems riding.

mrbill said...

I've also had that problem, thought it might have been the wife, I thought the same thing when my front skewer was loose on my Mountain bike.
One advantage of cleaning the bike.