Saturday, January 15, 2011

Good Winter Riding

The day started with this sunrise showing through my bedroom window, and it only got better.
Met Amy and Steve with 7 blazing degrees showing on the thermometer. The real severe temps and winds stayed home. We didn't miss 'em.
When you're cool the sun shines all the time. We were cool today, but weren't in the mood to do any sloggin'. If it wasn't plowed, we didn't ride on it. We found at least 40 miles of plowed trails, well, I guess we did do a little backtracking to come up with those 40 miles. We weren't setting any land speed records, but it was so nice to be out, with good friends, and rumblin' along on Old Blue's massive studded tires. 41/12.0 3 1/2 glorious hours.

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

As soon as the sun rose this morning, I knew it was a good day.

I'm glad Amy & Steve joined you in a ride today. We ended up getting more snow than predicted last night. Your 41 miles despite the snow and temps is amazing!

mrbill said...

I'm impressed, I know your were happy to have Amy pulling