Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cold And Frosty

Decided to take on a bit of a slog, and ventured out on some unplowed trails. I was glad to get that over with, but Old Blue seemed to really enjoy it, and want more. That loose snow is what he's made for.
Amy and I then decided we'd done enough work, and headed for the rut-less, and bare pavement of the roads.
I miss roads, skinny tires, and an entire bike that weighs less than one of Old Blue's tires.
We went north and explored up along Amy's work commute and then over to Medicine Lake. Very nice, but it got a little hilly, for January. The old hairy legs started complaining about having to push Blue's massive studded tires, and not so light 1998 aluminum frame.
We were expelling plenty of used oxygen that, once it hit the 5 degree air temp, transformed into frosty white accumulations on balaclavas, jackets, hairy lips, and noses. 30/12.8


Amy
Me and My Nosecicle

Both Me and Old Blue Looking A Little Frosty


3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

You and Amy are troopers....really. A 30 mile ride in today's temps is amazing. I like your photos today. Is Amy smiling????

Catch up with you in one week...read my post today (no blogging will be hard for me).

MrDaveyGie said...

yeap, we wait, wait for spring. Your snow bike with the drop bars has me thinking. My shoulders, arms and hands never complain when on the brake hoods or drops. I need to make that happen for snow riding.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Flat bars were causing pain in my wrists. Hands on the hoods feel much better, but the arthritis can still flare up. When that happens there are a lot of other hand positions that the drop bars provide. They work good for me. None of my bikes have flat bars.