Friday, January 28, 2011

Not Even Close To A Post About Bikes (day off)

I've never done this before, and don't particularly like recommending books. Everyone looks for something different in what they read, and this book has nothing to do with cycling.
We all ride different bikes, at different paces, and on different surfaces, but the love of experiencing nature, pushing ourselves to the extreme, and the solitude that comes on a bike ride is a common thread that, it seems, just about all cyclists enjoy.

So I recommend the following book:
"Solitude" seeking wisdom in extremes by Robert Kull
a year alone in the Patagonia wilderness

I read it a couple of years back.

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Good thoughts on the "common thread" will consider the read.

tainterturtles said...

I like book suggestions. I just requested the book through our library system....one library had "Solitude" by R. Kull. Thanks Tom.