Saturday, January 22, 2011

Who In Their Right Mind?

The above question regularly came from my mom's mouth, when referring to some activity I was involved in. I'm pretty confident it would've emerged again today, if she was around.
A cold start, somewhere between -3 and -6. It did reach 2 whole positive degrees after 3hrs and 10mns of saddle time.
Just around the city trails. Amy didn't feel up to heading out to Excelsior. Considering my only other option was to ride out there with Steve, the decision to stick with Amy was made easily and quickly.
Lots of stinging today, especially heading north into -15 to -20 wind chills. We stopped at about 25 miles and warmed up. I needed to allow my balaclava time to thaw, before I could get it all the way off. It had frozen to my VanDyke, and would have taken some fur with it, if I had forced the issue. Amy seemed more than willing to try and get it off for me. She's so nice.

I have some real, good friends. I'm lucky to be able to ride with them. Evil was the steed for the day, and performed very well. With the exception of a couple of miles of only good trails, the rest of our ride was spent on excellent trails of hard packed snow. Very cold, but a very enjoyable deep winter ride. 40/12.4

See mom other people were outside today!

National Pond Hockey Tournament On Lake Nokomis

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Nice self pic. I think I detect a little redness on the skin...ouch.

You are right, you have awesome friends Tom.....so lucky. We all need good friends.

I'm sure it was a hot chocolate kind of day for you.

mrbill said...

I feel a little guilty, my weather was beautiful, don't really know how yall do it.