Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wuss Alert

Went sleeve-less and wore shorts today. Yeah, I totally started the new year as a major wuss. What made it even worse? Amy rode OUTSIDE. I don't know if I'll ever be able to live this down.
Single digit temps, wind chills -15 to -20, a thin layer of ice coating everything, with a light dusting of snow on top just to add to the thrill, kept me thinking about some of my previous ER visits. Gym seemed a smidg better than the ER, but only a smidg.
Pulled out the old Spinning cds. I've got 3, each with a little over an hour of music. Plugged the head phones into the cd player and cranked the volume up. 2 hours on the elliptical, burning 1100 to 1200 calories an hour. Next was an hour on the stationary. Closed that session out with a little Free Bird. That is a great song to climb to. The guitar solo starts and it's 4 minutes out of the saddle pushing max heart rate. The old hairy legs were moving so fast that they were just a blur. Sweated a river.
I'll man-up tomorrow and venture outside, winds will be lighter and there should be some more sun.

5 comments:

StevenCX said...

Time to turn in the man card! I turned mine in in November.

MrDaveyGie said...

Go Amy Go I feel your pain.

Dear Tom,
3 freak'n hours on indoor, holy catz. That will give you a get out jail free card and let you keep your man card.
Your's truly,
Frozen Dave

tainterturtles said...

Ditto to Mr DaveyGie! Holy cow, that's a lot of spin time my friend. I don't smell any wuss in this post today! You put me to shame.

As for Amy, she's just a perfect queen.....queen of biking that is. LOL! You gotta love that girl!

Wait a minute, maybe Amy's not a queen, but half a beast!!!!!

mrbill said...

This will be tough to live down, Amy on the road and you in the gym, but what a workout.

amy said...

heh. I was in a state of shock most of yesterday about the "I'm bailing" email. i told my friend Alison last night that TOM bailed on ME. She said, WHAT???? Is the sky falling? Is he dying? Has hell frozen over???? WHA????? It was a very weird day, and very strange to have no place to hide from the wind. I did not go very fast.