Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bookends


December 1st of 2007 we took off on a ride out to Excelsior, about 15 miles. 5 hours later we got home. The snow was deep and there was a brutal head wind on our way back. There has been snow on the ground since. I took the Cannondale out on it's inaugural ride of the season back then.




Today I took the Cannondale out for what I hope is it's final ride of the season.
I hate to admit it but it was beautiful out again today, and I enjoyed my ride. I went solo not knowing what to expect from the snow, and found that after about an hour of riding, the temps warmed up enough, that I didn't really need the all of the hardware the Cannondale gives me.
Nevertheless, it's a cool bike that I've modified over the years and turned into a hardtail that can take on some pretty extreme weather and terrain. I bought it in 1998.
Lake of the Isles has some hellacious pot holes in the road around it. This bike is so tough that I was passing cars, because I could fly through, around and over all the moon like craters.
I'm really in the road mode now, and just want to be going long, hard and fast. Hopefully I can be on the Orbea by the first of April. Again, it was a nice ride today, but I am so ready for smooth, dry, fast, roads. 3 1/2 hours 49/14.4

No comments: