Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Feeling Good

Warm temps, road bike, good company are all the makings of a nice ride. I've got a little hill ride route down into Bloomington and back, that I like to do. A friend likes it too, so we've been doing it together for almost a year now. Our best average speed last year was about 16.5mph. Today we clocked in at 16.2mph, and feel pretty good about that, since it's early in the season.
I felt strong yesterday and today. Building up the miles and then the speed seems to be working again this year, although the weather and being sick has put me behind where I was last year at this time. I think I'm about a week or two back. I've got all of April to catch up, and don't see a problem.
My friend is great. She carried the water bottle for both of us while we were doing the hills.
35/16.2

No comments: