Friday, March 28, 2008

Two Bikes One Ride

Took the DeRosa out for it's maiden ride today. It's a nice ride. Over the Winter, I finally figured out the problem with the headset, and it's as solid as a rock now. The steerer plug had come just slightly loose. A simple problem to fix, but it was hard for me to figure out what was wrong. The issue with the joints, where the aluminum rear drop outs and carbon seat stay come together, appears to be unfixable. Over the miles a lot of play has developed. It's just worn to a point where there's now a lot of give and I get movement in the rear wheel like the cones need to be tightened. Still, with the minimal amount of riding and its single speed status, I should get some great leisurely miles out of it.

I'm taking the Orbea out tomorrow and wanted to do a pre-ride just to make sure everything was working well. It's a good thing I did. The front derailleur needed to be adjusted. It rubbed on the chain in the big ring when I was in the 21,20, and 19 cog. I know. I don't need to be told I'm not suppose to ride it like that. Climb Ohio , or High Bridge with me and tell me I'm doing it wrong then.

Great ride tonight. Lots of sun, the bikes felt great, and oooohhh the shear ecstasy of being on my Orbea. What a bike! 25/15.5

No comments: