Thursday, March 6, 2008

Stronger Still

Another improvement in my workout. I'm still coughing a small amount of stuff up, but I'm back to the intensity that I had in my weekday workouts before I got sick. The only thing I worry about now is the duration of my workout and the intensity on Saturday. I'm good for two hours now, and I assume that I could go for 60-70 miles on a bike without too much of a problem. It's so cold right now that it'll be hard to judge this Saturday how far I can go. But, if I can get in at least 50 miles at around 17mph, I'll know I'm back on track. I was about a week ahead of my training schedule, before I got sick. Now I'm about a week behind, which is not really a problem, because I've got about 6 weeks before I'll race and start up my hammer rides.

It's amazing how the simple things in life like, swallowing, no aches, and a comfortable body temperature can make life worth living. It sure feels good to feel good.
2hr/2170

No comments: