Thursday, March 27, 2008

That Was So Much Better

Dressed a little warmer today, that made all the difference. It felt great to be out, even if it was in the thirties. The sun was even out. I was all wrapped up and felt like eighty degrees...perfect! Went up into Theo Wirth and then over to 2nd and along River Rd into Downtown Mpls. I got buzzed by a guy in a Honda (car) along River Rd. I'm used to it, but he got closer than most of the other assholes do. (In my experience on the road the large majority of drivers are courteous and patient) When he went by I saw on the passenger side of his windsheild, (it covered the whole passenger half of the windshield) that it was all smashed. It looked like it was ready to fall into the car. That made me a little nervous figuring he had already hit one cyclist and wasn't worried about hitting another. Cars are like guns, they kill or maim people based on how and by whom they are being used.

Little slippin' and slidin' on Minnehaha Parkway. They're doing some work on shoring up the banks of the creek. The machines are bringing mud and dirt onto the road, and my rear wheel moved to the right when all I expected was for it to go forward. That maxed out my heart rate. Got it 236 miles for the week. Considering the shity weekend weather, I'm very pleased. 40/17.3

No comments: