Friday, March 14, 2008

Fixed Unfixed Ride Walk

Weighed 178.2 again today. Same as last week. No complaints.
Ran errands on my fixie, and expanded that to riding around the lakes. Leaving Lake Harriet heading north on the path from the band shell is a slight hill. Heading up the hill all of a sudden, I'm spinning and there's no effort, and the bike is slowing down. Now I'm strong, but not that strong. It looks like the rear cog has come loose, or worse it has stripped the threads on the hub. Well, at least I can coast now. So a twelve mile ride turned into a seven mile ride and a five mile walk. It was actually very nice. As I was watching a kite-skier on Lake Calhoun, I saw him or her, leave the ice and become airborne. It looked very cool, but I imagined it must have been scary. Being up in the air for 30 seconds could seem a lot longer, and I'd guess the feeling of loosing control at 10 feet in the air could inspire some heavy breathing. The skier came down safely and made it look like an everyday occurrence, which it probably is. 12/

No comments: