Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sick Sucks

Just didn't feel good enough to get out on the bike today. Beautiful and sunny wasn't even enough of an enticement. No fever, but just no energy. What do most people do with themselves on Saturdays? In the last 10 years, I think the only other time I missed a work out or a ride on a Saturday was when I had surgery on my shoulder after a bad crash.
Rough night again last night. Didn't sleep well, and soaked my bed again with night sweats. No fever stats to report so far today, other than normal.
I got a note this morning from a friend who thinks she's coming down with something again. This will be the 4th time she's been sick since December. She's pissed. I guess it could be worse. Thanks for the nice notes and advice, it makes it easier.
I had like a bowl of cereal today! That's it! I'm not even hungry!
No cycling! No Food! What's the point!

Update as of 7:30pm: fever 99.8 the Osmonds are on channel 2 and I don't have the energy to change the channel. Just fuckin' shoot me.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I litterally feel your pain Tom or should I say flu. I've never been this sick before and on day 5 when I thought I was getting better, had a huge fever spike, chills, stomach ache and muscle fatigue. It's day 10 now and although the worst has past cold like symptoms and fatigue linger. I'm never NOT getting my flu shot again. I can't wait to ride/workout again. Press on soldier. -(Taylor's wife, Heather)