Saturday, July 23, 2011

Plan B

I've got no issues with riding in the rain, but lightning changes the game. I hear it's especially attracted to carbon. So, the tour was on and Andy was getting his ass handed to him by Cadel. Delaying departure past cracking skies was really a no brain-er. It was going to be 5 of us, but the storm and time change messed with everyone's schedules.
Still wet and dripping, there was blue sky to the west, and Cadel had finished his morning ride in 55 minutes, I met Amy with no particular place in mind to ride. Default for the last month or so has been the Dakota Trail, and Amy hasn't taken it all the way to Mayer so, off we went just chatting away catching up on all the news of the week. Sun was out, trail was drying, speed didn't matter.....NICE! 80/18.0



1 comment:

MrDaveyGie said...

Yeap, same here, I even enjoy rain rides sometimes. But lightening freaks me out. Once I turned my earbuds on full blast so I would not keep hearing the thunder.