Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer Time

Another hot and steamy Saturday summer's ride. Red lights were even less appealing, because the heat radiating from the asphalt made it all the more oppressive.
Four bottles of water and two 32oz Gatorades for me. Greg, my 60 year old riding buddy, downed six bottles of water along with two other sources of electrolytes.
We rode to Belle Plaine, easily my favorite route, but I've got to figure out a way to flatten it out some. My days of hill hammering are waining. A drop dead gorgeous day, beautiful rolling landscapes, farm fields, river valleys, and a typical Minnesota hazy summer sky made this a ride to remember. 89/19.1

Got out with Penny tonight for a concert at Mears Park in St. Paul. Greg Brown was the headliner, along with other folk and blue grass minstrels. Summer lightning storms in the distance made for a perfect backdrop.

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Riding, and outdoor music, it makes a wonderful life...

tainterturtles said...

Good for you Tom! 89 miles in heat and humidity is amazing to me.

The concert sounds great. Some georgeous thunderhead clouds tonight....lots of pink and purple.