Monday, September 6, 2010

All Bike Day

Six of us from the team met at 9am and got a ride in before the clouds and rain came. Steven lead us down to Farmington, and set a tempo that was well above the recovery pace I needed. I stayed in the slipstream of anyone I could find and hung on for dear life. The wind aided ride back took us over a few rollers where things got a little feisty, and any hope I had of a proper recovery was gone. How can you help yourself? Somebody takes off, what do you do? Yeah, you chase 'em down.
Home by noon and I was quickly on the hunt for food, then it was time for a friend's bike alteration. A $6.00 trip to the bike shop became a lime green wheel set purchase, and 16 speeds were turned into one. It took awhile, but finally a singulator solved the chain length dilemma, and what was old looks mighty snazzy now.
A big mess left in the living room, but smiles everywhere. I got some very tasty chocolate chip banana bread, and preserves, for my efforts. 58/19.0

4 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

It always amazes me how another rider(s) can pull out of you the effort you didn't think you had or were planning.
Like me, ya gotta keep up, find recovery later. :-)

mrbill said...

Sounds like a good day, sometimes you pull, sometimes you suck wheel, I guess it the same for all of us. I think some pics are in order, bike transformation and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, man that sounds good.

amy said...

You can swipe a pic of the greenie to post on my blog. er, I mean, your blog.

tainterturtles said...

Man oh man, you are a good friend. I'm impressed!