Friday, September 10, 2010

Just Fine

Stayed away from anything with two wheels. Well...actually I was at a bike shop with two wheels in hand, they need new bearings, and I didn't feel like doing the work. The mechanic wanted to sell me some Fulcrum Racing Zeros. He's an old friend so I told him I'd think about the $1650.00 price tag over the weekend. There's a discount he'd give me, but I'm not sure I need to go that fast.

Couple of concerned comments and emails from yesterday's post. Thanks for your concerns, and don't worry. I'm fine and there are still 300+ mile weeks in my future. I am getting older and I need to know my limits, even though the kid in me still pushes at them. There used to be 400+ mile weeks in my training, and more intense efforts. It's just what happens with age. It's been a good year, I'm on track to be 1000 miles over last years total. I'm just feelin' it right now, which is exactly how it should be. It's the end of the season. I'm not done riding, by any stretch of the imagination.

I'll be out for 80 tomorrow. Leavin' from Punch. Anyone is welcome to join me.

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Glad to hear you are on track, still!

80 miles tomorrow? The season isn't over yet!!!! Good for you.

StevenCX said...

You can get a nice set of Easton carbon clinchers for that price!

MrDaveyGie said...

New bicycle toys are the best toys.
Let the weekend rides begin................yahoo.