Saturday, September 25, 2010

Who Knew Slow Could Be So Nice?

It was a red barn surrounded by a white fence and a purple sumac backdrop ride.
Amy and I rode up north of Stillwater. Fall colors starting to emerge enforce amid the numerous lakes, rolling hills and pine trees. Very beautiful up there.
Yes! There were HoHos and Cheesy Crackers in Stillwater.
Amy "tolerated" the pace caused by my disease ridden week. The rollers we encountered just weren't nearly as fun though. I deserved ridicule this week for my massive layering. It was raining and 49 degrees when I left, so I had tights, long-sleeved base layer, long-sleeved jersey, jacket, hat on, and gloves. Amy? Short-sleeved jersey and knickers. Every once in a while she'd pull on her arm-warmers. I gotta toughen the f&%$ up.
Hard to believe, but I don't think we shut up for the entire 80 miles. Thinking back on it though, there were probably a few things that could have gone un-said, but that's the beauty of the prime directive: what's said on the bike stays on the bike.
Captain Kirk was definitely yelling at Scotty, "more power to the engines", today. Scotty could only respond with, "the warp drive is down, sir, I'm givin' it all she's got".
A really pleasant, fun, beautiful ride today. 76/18.0

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Hmmm, I was dressed just about identical to you, and was passed twice by a gal wearing about what Amy had on.

But I'm old. ;-)

tainterturtles said...

Remember, Amy's just a baby in our "world."!!!! Seniors need more warmth, so give yourself a break. Hey, at least you tackled the hills.

Nice ride Tom.