Saturday, September 4, 2010

Favorite

Favorite bike, favorite route, favorite companion, favorite temps, favorite gas station destination and food (yep grape Gatorade and HoHos in Delano! I'm pretty confident cheesy crackers were also consumed). You'd think this was my birthday weekend or something.
Northwest winds were still a bit on the brisk side, and a long-sleeved base layer was needed, but I love a sunny day with temps in the low 60's. It was one of those rides, where you don't want to stop, and the thought "it doesn't get any better than this" was a regular tenant of the brain.
The old hairy legs seemed to be enjoying the ride too, but the route didn't require much out of them. I got minor complaining on a few of the simple ascents, and including Christmas Lake Hill and coming out of the Purgatory Creek ravine, but all-in-all and considering how I've felt over the last two weeks...I gotta give 'em credit. 83/20.4 (yeah, I know! Cool, huh?)

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

That's more than cool....that's heaven!!! Did you remember to pinch yourself?

MrDaveyGie said...

That just simply rocks, I know the feelings, tis the bestest of times. Makes all the grind we sometimes do on the pedals worth moments like that.
Keep on riding bro.
Dave