Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bonk

I started getting shaky topping off the tires before the ride. Not a good sign. Plus it was pouring out. I got the rain gear on. I use an O2 waterproof jacket. You don't get wet from the rain, just from the sweat 'cause there isn't a lot of ventilation. I like it on cold wet days. I stay plenty warm and don't get any of the cold rain on me.
Bonked big time today. Just no energy. It is so rare for me to bonk. I bet I can count my bonks over the last 15 years on 1 hand. But being sick I understand why it happened. Cut a few miles off the ride. Just had nothing to put into the cranks.
Took the Evil One out in the down pour. Unlike yesterday, there was no finagling with the radar. There was green and gold everywhere. Some places just south of the cities got over 10 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. We're talking wet. I think the cities got around 3 inches of rain. When I rode along Minnehaha Creek it was over its banks in many places. 30/15.5

More Colors Everyday
This Was Up In Sherburne County.



3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

I'm impressed. My bonks, rare but when they happen, I have nothing to pedal, and turn around, head home. Your a bicyclanimal. I'm treating two jackets right now for rain riding, trying a product from Granger and you wash your rain jackets in this solution. I will report on it's effectiveness.
It's clear we suffer from the same addiction. :-)

tainterturtles said...

Tisk, tisk....more rest, more sleep! Take care of your self Tom.

mrbill said...

That's one heck of an addiction you've got going there Harry and if you wouldn't mind, send us some rain, we've got one heck of a drought going on down here.