Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Not $1650.00

Rain everywhere. Earlier I was sure it would be an afternoon on the Evil One. Then the clouds quit raining and the sun peeked out just enough to dry the roads. I took my cue and hopped on the "B" bike. First ride on it in almost a week, since it's wheels were the ones I'd taken in to get the bearings replaced. Only $33.00, not the $1650.00 for a new wheel set. Bike rode great, with the hub and cassette all cleaned up and everything nice and tight. Maybe too tight as I was movin' pretty slow. 33/16.5
Started raining hard about 15 minutes after I got home. Nice!

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Hmmmm, now my mind would say, I saved all that money, what kind of "bike toy" should I buy to reward myself.

tainterturtles said...

I saw that peek of sunlight over here in Wisconsin, but didn't last long enough. Buckets of rain shortly after.....and still as I type this!

Glad you stayed dry.

mrbill said...

Rain? Sure could use some about now, heck, I'd even enjoy a nice cool ride in it, don't know when our next chance of rain is.
Good for you on the wheels, it's nice to save a little cash, everything is so darn expensive.