Sunday, November 21, 2010

Icy

Woke up to a thin layer of ice on everything this morning. Those who predict the weather assured us Minnesotans that a thaw was only hours away. Solid did eventually turn to liquid, but it was still plenty slick. Old Blue is a veteran of all weather conditions extreme, and did not hesitate when called on to traverse the ice coated greenway and LRT. I was the one who was apprehensive.
Every time I put a foot down it slipped on the ice that was just below a watery top layer, but the studded Nokians bit, and would not let go carrying me upright all the way to Excelsior. Even the crushed limestone of the LRT had a slick icy layer on top of it.
Just an out and back, but Old Blue, with his studs, always provides a good workout.
Solo effort today. 21/13.7




3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Your photos looked familar. I'm glad your Nokians came through for ya. Happy winter riding!

MrDaveyGie said...

Nokian studs always amaze me. They will ride places you can not walk on. With out them there would be a lot of missed days for us ice states.

mrbill said...

Nice pics, looks a little wintery, was I really sweating yesterday, yes I was