Saturday, November 27, 2010

UUUUHHHHHHG

Another just gorgeous day, bright sun, deep blue sky and bright white snow. I hopped on the Evil One, which felt so nimble and quick compared to Old Blue, but that feeling didn't last long. It was as if I was carrying two Thanksgiving meals and my tires had metal in them...Oh yeah, that's right, I was and they did. I was just huffin' and puffin' the whole ride. It was brutal. No wind to blame it on, temps were a little on the nippy side (started out at 15 degrees), but man, there was just nothing in the old (tight-clad) hairy legs.
About 15 of the 50 miles were on unplowed trails, but my speed didn't pick up much once out on the roads. And Christmas Lake Hill...there was no hohoho or anything very merry about that. It had about a half inch of slush and snow on it...I had the rear wheel spinning a few times, even with the studs.
Feeling better now that I got some hot chocolate in me. I'll be out doing it again tomorrow. I'm just a glutton for punishment. 48/14.1

Most of the lakes are sporting thin layers of ice now. This is Long Lake out by Wayzata.
Sunset

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

I chuckle, I think we both have names for every steed in the barn.

tainterturtles said...

Hey, I give you credit for any winter riding! 48 miles is pretty darn good.

mrbill said...

You really know how to hurt a guy, I only ride 25 miles in perfect weather and your out there doing 50 in sub freezing weather, really Impressive Harry.