Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I'm lucky and very grateful for, what I consider to be, a very fortunate life.
Incredible parents that exhibited total devotion, love and kindness to me and my siblings.
Children and grand children that bring me joy that exceeds anything I ever imagined possible.
Friends that are good, good people.
The ability to ride a bike, breathe real air, and see...life.


I woke up to a beautiful sunrise. Pulled out the thick tights. Temp when I got on Old Blue was 5 degrees, with a windchill of -10. Snow on the trails had that cold crunchy squeak to it. Breath was visible and started to accumulate on my glasses and freeze there.
Last night's snow hadn't gone anywhere, still brightly resting on branches and boughs.
Rode with Steve for about 10 miles. It was a ride that deserved two cups of hot chocolate upon arriving home. 21/12.2

Met my children and grand children, for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal, at their mom's house. Laughed, reminisced, shared hugs, love and the most recent happenings with each other.

Ethan took this picture of the Thanksgiving table.

We'd wished the tryptophan had had more of an effect on the grand kids. When told "no rabbit" ears so we could take pictures, they all magically sprouted some.

The evening was full of play, smiles...
Thomas the train...
Computer games
and mice.
Absolutely glorious!

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

awww yes, wonderful things to be thankful for, absolutely glorious.

tainterturtles said...

Sounds just perfect. Looks like the grandkids were having a good time.

mrbill said...

Thanks for sharing, looks like a great day, just a wee bit chilly!!