Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm Afraid The Cold Is Getting Comfortable Here

Didn't even make it to 30 degrees today.
Lots of people out there in cars tonight thinking they were on their own road. On the good side of the ride, I did wear out a train. The greenway is an abandoned railroad. It runs alongside an active line. I hopped on the greenway at 169 and a train was heading my direction. This is great because I'll have railroad crossing lights flashing and barriers down at all the road crossings. All I had to do was keep up with the train. Summer would've been no problem, but today, the 30 degree air rushing through the 98 degree old hairy lungs was pretty unpleasant, and the train was doing 25mph WTF!
Got across Blake matching the train's speed, then made it to Wooddale, but gave a little ground to the train. Fortunately trains are a little longer than bikes. After Wooddale the train got tired and started slowing down, and at Belt Line I had gained back what I had lost and then some. Even at 19mph I was making ground. That's my story and I'm sticking with it! 30/17.2

Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts!

4 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

YESSS!!!!! Train Racing.

tainterturtles said...

I love it! You just stick to your guns HL's.....never loose that gusto!

amy said...

hairy lungs????? ewwwww!

mrbill said...

Racing trains, alright!! I can't believe the weather you're riding in, we don't even drive cars in that kind of weather.