Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wimpy Or Not?

It's interesting the differences and variances in tolerance. Yesterday it was 38 degrees and raining pretty hard. I didn't want to ride in that. I've ridden and raced in those conditions and have never been so cold. At temps below 45 degrees, once something gets wet, it's really hard to stay warm.
Today it was 21 degrees with a healthy NW wind creating a windchill of 9. I was out in it. I was able to keep everything warm, mostly because everything stayed dry. Old Blue and his Nokians kept me upright, on the snow packed trails. 21/13.9

Yesterday, Taylor got her cast off. Her femur and other bones are healing up nicely.
It's pretty rough on all the one year old guys out there, now that Taylor is showin' some leg.
Her dad took this.

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

That was a tough wind to ride in this afternoon. I am totally amazed by your toughness HL's.

I was just thinking of Taylor tonight on my ride home from work. I'm so glad to hear her casts came off. I'm hoping for the best for your family.

MrDaveyGie said...

Yahooo for Taylor,
Ride Grandpa, Ride.

mrbill said...

Great for Taylor!!!!