Sunday, November 7, 2010

November Smiles Upon Us

Had to explain some proper riding etiquette to Amy. A friend, of mine, from a long time back was on the ride today. Amy was explaining to him that we don't usually ride this fast and hard on Sundays. I gently explained to Amy, we always tell my old friends, that haven't ridden with us before, even when we are riding hard and fast, that we are actually riding unusually slow...I got a reputation to uphold, you know.

This would be a beautiful day any time of the year, but November?... light winds, mild temps, wispy clouds...pure delight. And you know we had that friend thing goin' for us too.

We were playing really hard. I guess we should've done this yesterday. We added on a few extra miles and some quad splitting rollers, but it just seemed like what we should do on such a gorgeous day. I even asked permission from the ride leader, and got it. I wasn't being bad!
I leaned over to Mike as we were riding along and said, "you know, we're not a very good influence on each other". If he attacks a hill...well I gotta too and vice-versa. He said, "I'm going to pay for this when Paula and I get home". I'd already been physically assaulted once by Amy. Strangely enough though she had a smile on her face the vast majority of the ride, with only one or two growls that I heard.
After the ride, just Jeff (my friend from way back) and I were talking. He said, "she's tough (Amy), especially on the hills". I said, "I know!"
Great ride. It's up there with the best of the season. If I could move, I know I'd be smiling, but even that hurts. How does that work? Something that hurts can be soooo good? 53/19.3

3 comments:

amy said...

grrrrrrrr

tainterturtles said...

Geez, sounds like a hard ride, in November? Take it while you can, the snow is not far behind.

Love your photos!

MrDaveyGie said...

Oh yes, zactly so. Also when I meet a friend to ride with on the road, I usually like to add, this is my 4th hard day in a row. Legs are like cement, but I'll do my best. That way if I bomb, I got escuses. :-)