Friday, December 10, 2010

It Takes A Lot

Got a call from Amy around 12:30. She said, "I got the afternoon off". I said, "where do you want to meet?" There was a bit of urgency in our voices, because our Saturday ride was in jeopardy. Snowmageddon is predicted to hit tonight, and we were not going to get in our Saturday miles. We're talking something "biblical" or "epic" that would keep me and Amy off our bikes on a Saturday. We can and do ride in just about any kind of weather, so, for us, to make plans to be off our bikes....it's gotta be serious. They're talking well over a foot of snow and blizzard conditions. I actually may get out, on foot, and take some pictures during the storm, but a bike ride will have to wait for the conditions to ease up just a bit. 32/14.2

4 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Our road bikes are feeling lonelier and lonlier. Who could blame them if they ran away and headed south. :-)

tainterturtles said...

Oh that's so funny, the urgency in your voices. I can just hear you two planning and plotting your ride today. I'm guessing Amy has the same addiction???????

Can't wait to see your snow pic tomorrow.

Amy said...

My case of the illness is slightly less severe than Tom's. I occasionally skip a saturday ride out of true laziness, although it is very rare. Nobody really likes Amy without Amy's bike ride schedule intact.

TrevorW�� said...

We have had a fair bit of snow over here in the UK but it only seems to take a few inches to cause everything to grind to a halt!
I have three bikes but none of them is suitable for riding in the snow - time for another bike maybe...!!!