Sunday, December 26, 2010

Solo Sunday

One of the nicer winter rides this year. I started out heading for Excelsior on the LRT, but once through Hopkins the trail went unplowed. In younger days I would've taken it on, but...I need some Amy toughness and youth.
The city trails are in great shape, so I stayed on them. Beautifully, brilliant, bright sunshine, made the 20 degree temps seem so much warmer. I love Old Blue, but it was nice to be on the Axis and sort of get a little road feel.
Trails were snow packed, but very navigable. Lots of people out. I even saw a few cyclists. It's fun seeing the different looks from people I pass them on the trails. Of course I get the, what are you doing on my trail look. There is also the scared look like, who is that masked man and is he going to run me over? Inevitably I startle someone, almost to the point of heart attack, when I call out, "passing on your left". But my favorite look is the person who looks me in the eyes, and you can see an expression on their face that says, that's cool, I'm going to try that.
A little over 3 hours. Very Nice! 40/12.6

The Day Started Out Cold And Icy

Minnehaha Falls Frozen Flow
The Look From Right Above The Falls (that's a long way down)
Winter Sunset Through A Bare Weeping Willow
And A Sky Full Of Color To Close The Day

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Beautiful pictures....wow. Sun? We never saw the sun today, just cloudy skies.

I like your observation of people today...so true. I'd be the one giving you a high five!!!

MrDaveyGie said...

So true the looks we get.

Dan Cleary said...

Good choice on the no-LRT. I headed out towards Excelsior from Victoria. Seemed fine until Excelsior and then it was a complete slog to The Marsh. At that point I actually just turned to the roads to head back home. Totally exhausted trying to plow through that on the CX bike. I'll keep you posted if it gets plowed