Friday, December 3, 2010

Walk In The Snow

Got out for a walk with my camera. Left at about 7, got home at 9:15. I did stop at the bookstore. Need another book, just finished what will probably be my favorite of the year, "Even Silence Has An End".
Very peaceful out. I love how the snow muffles all the sound.

These shots were taken from the same place, all within a minute, just different shutter speeds. The first one is the only one where I used the flash. Yes, it was snowing like crazy the whole time. I think my favorite is the last one. I do like the second one too. This is the canal between Lake Calhoun and Lake of the Isles.




Uh oh. I didn't mention anything about biking in this post. Don't worry, the book I bought? Bicycle Diaries, by David Byrne (yeah, that David Byrne, of Talking Heads). It's about his experiences riding his bike and taking photos....can't imagine I'm going to like that at all.

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Sounds like a good book. Can't imagine anyone riding their bike and taking pictures....who does that, geez!!!!!

Very nice snowy photos tonight.

mrbill said...

Hey Tom,
"Bicycle Diaries" is on my wish list, I'm patiently waiting a review.
Nice peaceful snow pics. No snow here, supposed to be 70 today. Have a good weekend!