Saturday, December 25, 2010

Season Of Peace Love and Joy

One of the great Christmases of all time, and, of course, I forget my camera.
At the appointed time we all arrived to a potluck brunch. Kim and Ethan brought an egg-bake, Brit and Gabrielle, cooked up pancakes, sausage, and ham steaks. I brought fresh made cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting. The never ending eating frenzy began. We did exercise our multi tasking abilities and began to open presents, while still eating. The grand kids scored big. I kept on asking, "were they really this good?"
After some dark days a decade ago, my resilient children have made an incredible recovery. Their lives have the usual challenges, but are full of Peace, Love and Joy. They are all excited about their futures. There is appreciation, respect, and admiration for each other, with the appropriate amount of sibling competition. Sorry, but I...gush with pride. I couldn't be happier.
Totally stuffed with fantastic food, and having shared our presents with each other, I waddled to my car and drove home. The clouds and snow couldn't hide my delight in having been with my kids and grand kids. I am a lucky, lucky man.
Old Blue may have let out a bit of a groan as I climbed on the saddle. The trails, even along the creek, were in very good winter condition. Thank you plow drivers. Didn't see any other cyclists, but there were a good number of joggers and walkers out enjoying the city lakes, creek and river on a snow filled Christmas day late afternoon. 21/12.2

Settling down now, after a delightful day, with some hot chocolate, whipped cream (aka whupped cream) and a little Christmas spirit.

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Good Lord, that drink looks Yumlicious. Think I'm Gonnna go make me something similar.

tainterturtles said...

Gush all you want Tom, family is so important. Love your post today. Thanks for sharing with us.