Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rare

Put the 4wd boots on, wrapped my calves up in gators and ventured out into Snowmageddon.

Not much happening on the jungle gym.



This was at about noon. I'm sure these are buried by now.
Old Glory didn't seemed phased by the wind or the snow. I don't think it will get that high.
Snow wasn't really "falling", it was more horizontal.

Dangerous can be beautiful.
Greenway drifts.
I got home from my 4 mile walk at about 12:30. Along this stretch of the greenway these drifts were up to my waist. I consider myself pretty tough, but slogging through this on foot, was very difficult. I was mighty tired when I got home and had worked up quite a sweat.
It's a little after 4pm now, and the snow hasn't let up at all. I've heard they've closed down the airport, taken the plows off the highways, and the city streets. These events are extremely rare for Minnesota. We pride ourselves on being able to handle Mother Nature's tantrums. She may have knocked us down for a bit, but we'll be back up. I even heard a couple of friends' Internet went down. Now that's just cruel, there's no reason for Mother Nature to get that out of control.
It's a hunker down day, and now night. I've got my hot chocolate, mint M&Ms, beer, and even made a baguette for a sandwich this evening. Pop in a movie, and enjoy the warm glow from my TV and computer screens. Life is goooooood.

5 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Very nice snow photos today.

The snow here was falling around 2 inches an hour. It's a good day/night just to stay home!

MrDaveyGie said...

That's a lonely looking gym. Winter is starting out quite forceful.

amy said...

maybe you should put m&m's on your sandwich.

amy said...

and just a few more than 24 hrs ago we were riding along on bare pavement in those very spots.

mrbill said...

Nice photos, I can't imagine why no one was playing on the rings. It's kind of hard for us Southern folks to understand how yall survive in those conditions, hope things take a turn for the better.