Thursday, December 16, 2010

Off And On

I'm not sure you can call what I did this afternoon a ride. I was off the bike a lot. I don't get this cyclecross thing at all. Mounting, dismounting, run-ups, shouldering, when do you actually ride ? And holy s%&t how do you guys/gals have any teeth left after riding over all those bumps? Give me that sweet, smooth asphalt any time.
For me today, the trails were in much better shape, until I made the mistake of exploring the trail conditions along Minnehaha Creek and the lakes. Lots of loose snow, un-plowed sections and numerous barriers of snow left by the plows are all along these trails. At Calhoun I came up on a snow blower, and had to wait for it to finish, before I could continue on. Plenty of work left to clear up all the snow, and too many months left before the asphalt re-appears. 21/11.3

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

That CX riding, never could understand why get off a perfectly good ride.

tainterturtles said...

I totally understand your feelings on cyclecross. There's just something about getting on your bike and getting into a riding meditation.

I'll have to talk to Bec about the Minnehaha creek trail and see if she's been getting out for any runs on the trail.

Nic said...

I think I spotted you on the Greenway today (~3pm?). I didn't realize it until after passing....