Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Loose

No toe or hand warmers today. Temps near freezing felt great. Trails and paths were loose, slushy, and in some places a little rutty. The greenway was clear. It was great to get up a little speed over the bare asphalt stretches. Nice ride. 21/13.6

Hit 12,500 miles for the year today. No where near a personal best, but 1000 miles better than 2009. My 2010 goal was simply to ride more miles than I did in 2009. About half way through 2010 it looked like I had a shot at bettering my 2009 effort by quite a bit, so I adjusted my goal to 12,500 miles, or 1000 miles more than 2009. Feels good.

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I'm clapping...way to go Tom. That mileage is amazing. How do you do that???

MrDaveyGie said...

Thatz a big bunch of miles. Great job. You didn't miss too many days. I'm trying to come up with biking goal(s) for 2011.

mrbill said...

My goal was also to ride more miles than last year, I accomplished that goal, now I'm slowing down so it won't be to hard to do it again next year.
I've never had 12,500 miles in a year, great job, you're an animal.
The 3 wheeler doesn't have enough weight on the front wheel, spins out.