Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sunny And Warm

Warmest December day this year. Kind of balmy up here in the great white north. It hit 34 degrees. Dressed down a little and went warmer-less. I tried the LRT again today. Every time I ride it I think about the blind man I met out on it a year or two ago. I was riding along at the same place I saw him before and there he was, today, carefully walking along the side with his white cane in his hand. I stopped and re-introduced myself, simply saying, "hi, my name is Tom, we met on this trail a year or two ago". He seemed a little less sure of who I was, but was polite, and seemed to kind of come around and maybe remember the circumstances that brought us together. I spoke with him for no more than a minute, and as I started my ride again, wished him a nice walk.
It's surprising how such a brief experience with him a year or two back can create, for me, such a significant connection. I'm grateful for these types of interaction with others. It enhances my life.
The trail to Excelsior was in very good shape...a really nice ride. The cx bike (Evil One) handled it great. 26/13.0
My favorite shots of storm clouds from 2010.

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Yes, I remember that man and how you talked about seeing him along the trail during the winter months. I'm really glad that you want to make a connection with that older gent....some people just miss that opportunity in their lifetime.

I like the storm cloud clip. Brings back spring/summer memories of beautiful sunsets in 2010. I always remember grabbing my camera and running down the stairs to the lake so I too could catch those storm clouds. Very nice

MrDaveyGie said...

That so hits home. There is more then a couple dozen folks that I've met and re-meet on the trails, depending on the time of day and season for them.