Monday, June 6, 2011

Down

Went down. Not very serious. I came up on a blind turn. 15 year old kid on his bike turned, came out of his lane into mine. I swerved and my trajectory would have taken me out of his path and kept me safe. That is until he saw me and he swerved into my new trajectory. I t-boned him. He is fine, and I helped him fix his bike. He was very nervous, and apologized over and over again. A very kind women, stopped and offered help.


My left side ribs are sore. It’s uncomfortable to breathe. My left wrist is very swollen and has about a 3 inch cut on it.


I rode 10 miles home from the crash. I was on the Cannondale. It will be just fine.



It's about 2 hrs since I got home, after the crash. I'm feeling better already. My hand and wrist are sore, but I've iced them and got the swelling down considerably. Ribs still hurt, but are feeling better too. I think this is going to go away pretty quick.

33/17.1 and just for the record 18.2 before the crash. Yes, I had the presence of mind to check. I am just that obsessed.

Heard of a much more serious bike/car crash at 28th and the greenway tonight. I'd gone by there on my ride, and so had Amy. She saw the aftermath, including a smashed windshield. It doesn't sound good for that cyclist. I'm feeling lucky. Be careful out there.

4 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Geez Tom, what a freak accident. Who would think on a routine ride you would collide with someone. That wrist looks swollen. Hope you feel ok tomorrow.

So our daughter calls tonight and she had an accident too....car. Yikes, what a day. She's ok, but shaken up.

mrbill said...

We all go down eventually, I'm thinking when I busted my ass on the ice this past winter, the soreness goes away and we keep riding, glad nothing was broken, that keeps us off the bike a while longer. If you don't have a good ride this weekend, you can blame it on the crash, there's got to be something good about crashes.

amy said...

it's a good thing you are furry. It looks to me like the owie sealed right up in the fur layer. I am sure you will be well enough by saturday to make me mad. I certainly hope so anyway.

MrDaveyGie said...

"It will be just fine." <--The Key statement.
Glad to hear you both are not seriously injured.

I heard someone in Iowa got killed today riding a bicycle.

We know it's a risk, and we know it's a risk we must take, may the gods grant us favor.