Sunday, June 12, 2011

Progress

Climbed on my steel Schwinn again, this time with a destination of Lyndale Ave. Today the City of Minneapolis closed down Lyndale to car traffic and only allowed bikes, pedestrians and skaters access.
http://www.openstreetsmpls.com/
There was a bike race. The winner being the bike that got to the finish slowest. If you've got a good track stand, this race is for you.
A lot of different activities goin' on including a Yoga class at the corner of Lake and Lyndale.


There was even a bike rigged up to make ice cream as you pedaled. In my opinion, that has some mass market potential. Stopped and talked with Adrian at Flanders, and just as I was leaving saw Gabriella. Lots of families on a Sunday bike outing and more training wheels than I've ever seen at one time before.

This is the first year for Open Streets. I hope it becomes an annual event and continues to grow.

I rode up and down Lyndale a couple of times, just taking in the all the people, then I rode around Isles and Calhoun, for a nice, albeit slow, Sunday ride. Yesterday and today my wrist started to ache after about an hour. This could hamper my getting in longer rides for awhile. I hope it heals up fast. Ribs are still tender, but felt better today, which I'm very pleased with. I may even try to sleep laying down tonight. Wish me luck, I'm tired of sleeping like a horse.

I betcha I put on 20 miles today...rode for 2 hours.

Gonna go hang out with the grand lumps for an hour or so later tonight. Might be pictures posted.

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Awesome your getting better. May we ride forever.

tainterturtles said...

Wow, good to hear you were showing signs of improving. Even being able to ride for an hour or two is great.

I saw the Lyndale street shut-down on TV. Would have loved to see the activities and people. What a wonderful idea!