Saturday, June 4, 2011

Good, Good, Good Day!

OK, I can still ride pretty good for an old fat guy. Hooked up with about 9 or 10 from the team. Six of us decided that we wanted to suffer for 85 miles, while those wiser opted for shorter versions.
Just a perfect day. Light winds, comfortable temps, low humidity and nothin' but blue in the sky.
The cyclists I rode with today, were strong, with plenty of endurance and they could handle rollers. These rollers came with 65 miles already on the old hairy legs and they were sharp little bastards, that stung, and just kept comin' at us. I heard one guy say, in desperation, "there's another one". A really fun ride today. 87/20.7

Don't let those smiles fool ya, these guys are mean.

After the ride I went over and helped my daughter move in with her boyfriend. Yes, three flights of stairs, after 85 miles, hurts. Carrying a mattress up them? Hurts more. I love my daughter, obviously. Fortunately there was a lot of help and not too many ascents required. The Grain Belt afterwards helped. The hug was better.
I did not have to unpack. I was just the Russell with the muscle.

We hung out at my ex's for awhile with the grand lumps. Taylor was taking a break from working in the garden.

The other three lumps were busy catching caterpillars and spiders.

Life is very good.

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Nice photo of the "guys."!!!

You certainly had a full day, lumps and all. Very nice.

mrbill said...

What a day! especially for an old man. Only one of those guys looks mean, and I find it funny that he's the one with the White Helmet.