Sunday, June 5, 2011

No Better Feeling

Another drop dead gorgeous day. Nothin' but blue skies.
I was very tired and the old hairy quads would not stay quiet. Amy and I did a shorter loop around Lake Minnetonka, but were more than willing to add a couple of miles to avoid hills. 49/17.9

Yesterday, When I showed up for my ride - first thing said to me? No hi Tom, no how's it going, but instead, "where's Amy?" Today riding around Lake Minnetonka, on cty rd 19, about 20 cyclists on the other side of the road yell, "AMY". Sometimes it's hard to ride in the shadow of such a legend.

Hung out with Elijah this evening. We went and saw "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides." This was an ideal outing for me as I was experiencing great difficulty in moving at all. I have to admit sitting in a nice, cool, dark movie theater had significant appeal to me. In Elijah's effort to convince me to go he said, "Grandpa, we can get popcorn and Slurpees". As I walked him to his front door, after the movie, he asked, "hey, Grandpa, what are we going to do next Sunday?" Can you conceive of anything better? I can't.

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Wow, I didn't know Amy was such a celebrity among the cycling community. Hey Tom, you should feel honored!

What a nice outing that you and Eligah can do together.....a cool theater? Very perfect!