Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Little Faster

I remember from previous injuries, that there would be tough days. Healing didn't mean that I was consistently feeling better everyday. A little rough today, but I managed another 20 tonight. Broke 16mph, which made me feel good. Unlikely that I'll be on a bike tomorrow. Hoping for at least 40 on Saturday, maybe 50 or 60? Tonight 20/16.4

It is really interesting to feel, and see, my body changing as it heals. Almost all the swelling is now gone in my hand, but a bulge remains where the break occurred. From what I've been told, in the past, this is a calcium build up that accumulates around the break, and is what the body uses to repair the bones. Just about all of this build up will eventually disappear.
My ribs feel tight all the time. I assume that's the muscles grabbing back onto the bones and pulling them back into place. Today, that pulling into place, has been more painful, than tight.
It sure would be nice if I could sleep laying down. Thanks for listening to me. It helps.

1 comment:

MrDaveyGie said...

day by day....I wait and watch and see you improve.... and heal...keep on doing so....tough times, and makes me realize the fragility of what we do, and I learn not to take anything for granted, keep on truck'n bro...