Saturday, June 25, 2011

PARTY!

Woke up not feeling to hot. Ribs and hand were hurting and I hadn't slept well at all. I was worried just how much, and how hard I'd be able to ride.
Met up at 9 for the Amy's birthday ride. Good group showed, and as the ride progressed more people would just keep latching on. I said more than once, was that guy with us at the start? The answer was always, no.
It was a great ride, just a total blast. About 10 miles into it I started feeling fine, rarely dealing with any pain. I was able to get out of the saddle, and even did OK (stayed with the group) on the rollers. Accelerations were tough. Breathing was difficult. Still can't get the lungs completely filled, because of pain. But, that complaining aside, this ride exceeded all my expectations. It was fantastic considering the state of the old hairy bones. 80/20.1

Delano (longest ride in 5 years for the guy on the far right. he did great) photo by BK
Over To Amy's Tonight For Some Birthday Partying. I Brought The Blueberry Peach Pies.
And Brought The Empty Pans Home
Hey Whose Blog Is This Anyways? Isn't That Tainterturtles With Amy?
A Very Nice Day.

4 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

I think I missed some awarding winning pies.....

tainterturtles said...

So much fun, and yes, your pie was great! Was nice seeing you today.

amy said...

thanks Turtles and Tom! We will have to spend some quiet time together on your next visit!

mrbill said...

Looks like "Real Good" times, "Blueberry Peach Pies", sounds Delicious, love Blueberries in the last couple of weeks I've picked about 21 lbs, should make Breakfast for a year. Eighty miles!!! your well!