Saturday, March 12, 2011

Better Than I Thought

It was an Evil with studs day. Temp when I left was 17 with a windchill of 2. Last night it rained then turned to snow, so there was a light layer of ice hidden underneath a dusting of white.
Just looking for miles today, and hoping for a little more spring in the air tomorrow.
This year it's been taking longer to get my second wind. The first 10 to 15 miles of my rides have been harder than usual, but then I start feeling great and am happy to keep on riding. Same thing happened today. I was feeling like I'd turn around at Wayzata (15 miles), that wind was stiff, but all of a sudden I had plenty of energy to keep turning the cranks into the wind, so I did!
Finally made that all important turn that puts the wind at my back, and sailed through Excelsior and then home. Felt good again today. Could've pushed it a little more, but with the studs, cold and wind, I figured I'd bank that energy for another day. Only 50 miles today, which is better than I thought I'd get. I'll try for 60 to 70 tomorrow, which is suppose to be warmer, with much less wind. 50/14.6

Can't Resist A Sunset

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Today was a harsh wind...good for you Tom. You should be proud of 50 miles.

Like that sunset.