Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Felt The Need For Speed

Apparently rutting season for cyclists is upon us. Most cyclists hibernate during winter months in underground, rectangular, poorly lit, cement blocked caves they call basements. But, today, the first 50 degree day, of late winter, all were out displaying their most colorful jerseys, and doing mating ritual dances around puddles and over potholes. Their smiling white teeth showed through salt, sand and melted snow splattered faces.
I too felt the excitement brought on by longer and warmer days, even though I don't hibernate.
Now if I can get the old hairy legs to cooperate, maybe I'll catch me some fine cycling action. 24/16.0

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Your legs will cooperate. They are well trained beasts of burden. :-)

tainterturtles said...

Ohhhh, it won't take you long Tom, your legs will be riding hard and fast. I bet it was nice to see riders coming out of hibernation!