Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm Not Going To Sugar Coat It

Got a little ugly today. Amy decided to ride with a head cold. It was a drop dead gorgeous day, but the ride start temp was 16 degrees. Nothing but sun in the sky. Amy said I looked like I was ready to rob a bank. All black does absorb more of what little heat the sun was offering, and as she pointed out, it is slimming.

We really did well for the first 30 miles, probably because of that east wind behind us, but after Watertown Amy started to fade. We had to ride on unfamiliar roads to make it to Delano. Our usual route was under the Crow River. Even Cheesy Crackers in Delano didn't get the giddy-up back to Amy. Coming out of the Crow River valley was pretty hard on her, and there were frequent rollers that just couldn't be avoided, even though we were making a bee line for home. Between Delano and Loretto I was wondering if she was going to make it. I think she may have been slurring what few words she could get out. Cheesy Crackers must have kicked in, or more likely she just got pissed, and a slightly more brisk pace was achieved. She's as tough as they come. She did 80+ miles today with a head cold. Me 73/16.7


Tools Of The Trade.
This is not all of my gloves, just the ones I've used over the last 5 days.

Delano Sunset (one of the roads Amy and I were on earlier in the day)


3 comments:

amy said...

thanks for helping me friend. It was a bad one. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

tainterturtles said...

I give Amy lots of credit for being out there on the road, especially when she's been sick.

You two make a good team!

mrbill said...

I think Minnesota breeds some pretty tough Bike riders, good job in less than ideal conditions.