Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes, And A Few Degrees

Met up with the tall guys Mike and BK. I quickly got a flat in front of my place, so we all traipsed up to my apartment to change the tire. Fast and efficiently we were back on the greenway. Once to the river and by the cafe we needed to check out a house that BK wanted to rent. Never found it. I hope he's still not out there looking for it.
Went along the river into downtown and over to the Uof M campus. Mike decided that Tuesday was a good day to get some hill work in. Every rise he had to power up. Almost put me into cardiac arrest, as I tried to hang on.
Wound up riding through the neighborhood that Mike grew up in. He showed me a few of the old haunts. We've both got deep roots here.
Got to hang out on the bike with some buds, warmer temps, got some photos taken, stopped in at the bookstore to get a new read, and even made Amy growl, that's a pretty damn good day! 39/15.2

Sunset Over Calhoun Tonight



4 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Wow, today was a good ride for you. Riding with buds is what it's all about.

What, a bookstore buy? Man, you need to checkout your local library for book reads...seriously!

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

I'd save a lot of money if I used the library, but, on the other hand, the book wouldn't be mine.

Anonymous said...

you are mean bad tall guys, holding a convention and not inviting your biggest little fan. grrrr. Don't you know I have a day job?

mrbill said...

Sounds like a good day, really liked the photo, Sun setting, nice