Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It Was Close

I almost hopped on The Evil One and took a 6 degree spin. If the weekend's and next week's temps weren't looking, literally, 5 to 6 times better, I would have. The gym is getting it done for me, right now. I'm losing the weight I want to, and the elliptical is keeping my hams and glutes ride ready. Another hour and a half.

Finished up cutting to size and installing the counter tops. Making the cuts were quite nerve racking, for me. I didn't want to mess it up. I finally had to yell at myself, "Get Your Hairy Butt In Gear!" because I was stalling.
Turned Out Pretty Good (big sigh of relief)
Not Bad For Cut By Hand (circular saw)
Below is some of the prep work I've done over the last couple of weeks. I'll be installing a floating floor over my patch work as soon as all the cabinet work is done.
Removed bad sheet rock and filled in some insulation gaps. A sink cabinet will go under the window right after I fit in the new piece of sheet rock.
After the kitchen I'll move on to the bathroom, with a new sink and toilet. It'll just be new flooring throughout the house then, and it'll be ready for the renter. The plan is to have it done by the 1st of March.
The demolition of the old kitchen, and ripping up the living room carpet was a lot more fun than installing everything. When you're tearing stuff out you don't have to be nearly as precise.
Thanks for indulging this brief hiatus from cycling posts.

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

You do nice work. I do like doing those things, but just don't seem to 'get er done' lately. :-)

tainterturtles said...

Thanks for the housing update. I've been wondering how you were doing. Good for you, wow, such a hard worker.

Don't worry, your multiple bikes are waiting patiently.

mrbill said...

Carpentry work looking good, now if the weather would just let us ride.