Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Maybe But Probably Not

Winter has released us from its claws, for now. My fear, being a born-and-raised Minnesotan is, that winter is just toying with us and will take another snowy, sub-zero swipe at us, before it gets bored and goes to play with the southern hemishpere.
Lots of murky brown liquid all over the roads, and now on my Lake boots and "C" bike.
Sunny and 40's...I'll put up with the salty boots. 21/14.1

One of the problems with buying a foreclosed home is, there's usually some kind of sabotage by the previous owner. I've run into several instances of this. Holes in walls is what I dealt with today. I had considered a different approach to fixing these holes, but had some extra sheet rock left over so I decided to try this. It only took about 30-45 minutes. I squared up the holes and revealed the studs so I'd have a place to attached the new sheet rock, cut it to size, screwed it in place, then just spackled the hell out of it. I'll sand it up tomorrow and see how it looks. Plan "B", which use to be plan "A", will still be easy to implement, if this doesn't turn out satisfactory.



This side of the wall has a textured finish, so I purposely left bumps and ridges in the spackling trying to keep the repair looking as much like the rest of the wall as possible.
This is the backside of the kitchen counter top that goes below the window. Yeah the one with the wall variation of an inch and a half. I'm building up the back splash so I can add material to fill in the gap. I'm almost starting to enjoy this.

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

This has annoyed previous winters, but I laugh at Blow fish March snow storms,

amy said...

no matter what winter does yet, it is running out of time and we can outlast it now!

tainterturtles said...

Enjoyed the photos. Can't believe how much work goes into a rental. Hope you get the work done before the real spring warm up begins.